Alexander Tzonis, AIA, is a Greek born architect, researcher, author, and professor emeritus at the Delft University of Technology.
- Founded and directed Design Knowledge Systems (DKS), a multidisciplinary research institute for the study of architectural methodology and the development of design thinking tools at TUDelft in 1985
- Known for creative design by analogy, the classical canon, history of the emergence and development of modern architectural thinking, and introducing the idea of Critical Regionalism
- Taught at the Graduate School of Design at Harvard University in 1968 introducing the newly developed method ELECTRE he worked out a new method for multi-criteria evaluation of architectural projects
- Appointed professor of design methodology at the Delft University of Technology (TUD) where, in 1985, he founded and began directing Design Knowledge Systems, a multi-disciplinary research institute on Architectural Cognition
- Appointed professor of Architectural Theory at Tsinghua University
- Named fellow at the Shenkar College of Engineering, Design and Art in Israel in 2012
Last updated 8/25/16