Andrew Altman has provided advice on the intersection of economic development, community revitalization, and urban regeneration on national and local levels.
- Currently serves as a Senior Advisor in HR&A’s Washington DC office
- Previously served as the CEO of the Anacostia Waterfront Development Corp. in 2004, served as the Director of the Office of Planning, Washington, D.C. assisting the Mayor in creating and managing land-use and development policy, implementing the Comprehensive Plan, and coordinating all planning activities
- Worked as Director of city planning for the Community and Economic Development Agency in Oakland, California, from 1996 to 1999
- Served as special assistant to the administrator of the Community Redevelopment Agency in Los Angeles from 1991- 1995 and to Los Angeles Mayor Tom Bradley from 1989 to 1991
- Received a Master’s degree in city planning from MIT and a Bachelor of Arts in geography from Temple University; awarded various fellowships, including the Loeb Fellowship of the Harvard University Graduate School of Design and a Lady Davis Post-Graduate Fellow at the Technion Israel Institute of Technology
Last updated 8/25/16