David N. Cicilline
David N. Cicilline has been the U.S. Representative for Rhode Island’s 1st congressional district since 2011. Previously he served as Mayor of Providence, Rhode Island from 2003 to 2011 with his five priorities being government integrity, strong neighborhoods, great schools, safe streets, and a dynamic economy.
- Served four terms as state representative from District 4, on Providence’s East Side
- Urban renewal projects resulted in a double-digit drop in the rate of violent crime for two consecutive years
- The Providence Public Schools are showing steady improvement from fundamental reform
- Graduated magna cum laude in 1983 with a degree in Political Science from Brown University where he co-founded the College Democrats with his classmate, John F. Kennedy Jr
- Earned a J.D. from the Georgetown University Law Center
Last updated 8/25/16