Denise Fairchild is the President of Emerald Cities Collaborative. She has dedicated over 30 years to strengthening housing, jobs, businesses and economic opportunities for low-income residents and communities of color domestically and internationally.
- Founded the Community and Economic Development Department (CED) at Los Angeles Trade-Technical College, as well as an affiliated nonprofit community development research and technical assistance organization, CDTech in 1995
- Launched the Regional Economic Development Institute (REDI), an initiative of Los Angeles Trade-Technical College to provide inner city residents with career and technical education for high growth/high demand jobs in the LA region
- directed the LA office of the Local Initiatives Support Corporation (LISC) and is credited with raising over $100 million in equity, grants and loans for community-based housing and commercial development projects and, generally, with building the nonprofit housing and community development industry in the LA region from 1989-94
- Served on the California Commission on Regionalism, the California Economic Strategy Panel, the California Local Economic Development Association, the Urban Land Institute National Inner City Advisor, the Coalition for Women’s Economic Development and the Los Angeles Environmental Quality Board
- Served as Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa’s special advisor for South LA Investments
Last updated 8/25/16