Gary Hack, AICP, is a professor and Dean Emeritus at University of Pennsylvania’s Graduate School of Design.
- 20 years of teaching experience at the University of Pennsylvania
- Serves as chairman of the Philadelphia City Planning Commission
- Served as Principal at Carr, Lynch, Hack and Sandell for 10 years
- Previously taught at MIT for 25 years as a Professor of Urban Design
- Projects include the Canadian government’s housing and urban development research and demonstration programs as well as consulting projects in Japan, China, Taiwan, and Saudi Arabia
- Holds degrees in architecture at the University of Manitoba and University of Illinois and has a Ph.D. in urban studies and planning from MIT; also a member of the American Institute of Certified Planners
Last updated 8/25/16