Jess Zimbabwe, AIA, LEED AP, is the first executive director of the Daniel Rose Center for Public Leadership in Land Use at ULI since February 2009. The mission of the Daniel Rose Center is to achieve and support excellence in land use decision making.
- Served as the director of the Mayors’ Institute on City Design where she worked with over 125 American mayors and elected school district leaders
- Developed the Sustainable Cities Design Academy through its January 2009 pilot event
- Served as Vice President for Programs at the American Architectural Foundation, overseeing that organization’s Great Schools by Design program
- Worked as the Community Design Director at Urban Ecology in San Francisco, California, providing pro bono community planning and design assistance to low-income neighborhoods in the San Francisco Bay Area.
- Joined the Mayors’ Institute and American Architectural Foundation in 2006
- Earned a Master of Architecture and Master of City Planning from UC Berkeley; has a B.A. in Architecture from Columbia University; received the Architecture Department’s Graduate Instructor of the Year Award; and is a certified city planner
Last updated 8/25/16