Larry Kearns, FAIA, is an award winning architect who focuses on projects with ambitious social, economic, and environmental goals.
- Architect for Inspiration Kitchens—Garfield Park, Gold Medalist of the 2013 Rudy Bruner Award for Urban Excellence
- Named Chicagoan of the Year in Architecture in 2008 by the Chicago Tribune
- Became Principal of Wheeler Kearns Architects in 1990
- Project architect for the University of Chicago’s Child Development Center Stony Island, which won a national AIA Committee on Education Design Excellence award in 2014
- Collaborated on a series of five senior-focused cafes in City neighborhoods, a LEED-gold high school gymnasium, Chicago’s first high school in a downtown high rise, and a winning competition for a zero-energy Learning Center at the Midewin Tallgrass Prairie
Last updated 8/25/16