Louise Manuel is the Facility Development Director at EXED where she assists schools in finding, developing and financing affordable facilities for their charter schools. She has a wealth of community-based real estate experience, including 10 years as Senior Program Officer at Local Initiative Support Corporation.
- Extensive experience working with community based organizations, government agencies and private sector firms
- As Senior Program Officer at LISC, Manuel was responsible for underwriting and managing grants and loans to non-profit corporations serving low-income populations in Los Angeles County
- Funded projects include: housing for families living with HIV/AIDS; five new charter school facilities; a new youth and family service center in Echo Park; a child care center in Koreatown; business improvement district programs in Canoga Park; Vernon-Central and Leimert Park Village; community safety programs in Venice and Vernon-Central; the development or expansion of five community health service facilities; and the installation of Local Area Networks and in-home computers with Internet access for families residing in affordable housing developments.
- Earlier experience included work with the Watts Labor Community Action Committee, (WLCAC), Los Angeles, CA where she was responsible for planning; grant writing and grant and loan administration related to new residential, commercial and industrial developments, and many types of social service programs undertaken by the organization
- Directed a County-HUD funded national demonstration program — Project Self-Sufficiency —designed to help single mothers obtain schooling and/or job training, childcare, transportation and affordable housing from 1985 to 1987
Last updated 8/25/16