Martha Lampkin Welborne, FAIA, has more than 20 years of experience in comprehensive urban planning.
- Currently is the Senior Vice President Corporate Real Estate at The Walt Disney Company and serves as the President of the Los Angeles Chapter of the American Institute of Architects
- Serves as a member of MIT’s Visiting Committee for the Department of Urban Studies and Planning, serves on the Board of the Community Foundation Land Trust, and serves on the Board of Councilors for USC’s School of Architecture and for Classical KUSC
- Served as Project Director of the Surface Transit Project, an initiative that led to the creation of Los Angeles County’s Metro Rapid bus, one of the most successful new transit systems in the country
- Previously Associate Partner of Skidmore, Owings & Merrill LLP in Los Angeles and also a Principal of Sasaki Associates, Inc. in Boston.
- Graduated from the University of Notre Dame with a Bachelor of Architecture degree and received the Master of Architecture in Advanced Studies degree and the Master in City Planning degree from MIT and a Loeb Fellow at Harvard University’s Graduate School of Design
Last updated 8/25/16