Mary L. Decker
Mary L. Decker (now Mary Laraia) is a specialist in public policy, philanthropy, the environment and banking. She was the fifth female executive director of the Metropolitan Planning Council from 1983-90.
- Currently is the Principal at ML Consulting
- Featured in the Chicago Tribune as one of Chicago’s “Most Powerful Women” in 1987
- Directed MPC to further Chicago redevelopment and suburban growth and served as a member of Mayor Washington’s advisory board on the Chicago Housing Authority and organized a state-wide five-year capital plan and launched a new five-year resident empowerment program
- Served as Group Head and Senior Vice President for Community and Sustainable Development with LaSalle Bank from 2000-2008
- Served as Deputy Superintendent to the Forest Preserve District of Cook County
Last updated 8/25/16