Ms. Kantrowitz, AIA, is President of Min Kantrowitz and Associates, Inc. of Albuquerque New Mexico, a woman-owned consulting and research firm specializing in applied environmental design research. MKA, Inc. facilitates information-based communication among community’s organizations and building users, focusing on how people understand, plan, and use their environments.
- Focus on encouraging responsive design and planning, including the flexibility necessary to support a wide range of human interactions
- Associate Professor of Architecture and Planning at the University of New Mexico where she teaches applied a planning communication method, environment, and behavior, research methods, human settlements and water resource administration
- A member of the American Institute of Certified Planners and the International Assn. of Facilitators
- Co-authored two books: People in Places; Knowing, Using and Changing the Built Environment, Prentice-Hall, 1978; and Commercial Building Design: Integrating Climate, Cost and Comfort, Van Nostrand Reinhold, 1987
- Received four applied research awards from Progressive Architecture an Honor Award for Research Program Excellence from the United States Postal Service, and National awards from the Association of Collegiate Schools of Architecture and the US Department of Housing and Urban Development
Last updated 8/25/16