Monsignor William J. Linder
Monsignor William J. Linder is the founder of New Community Corporation (NCC) and the American Community Development Movement.
- Nearly 50 years of being a Catholic priest
- Created the NCC in response to the 1967 Newark Disorders
- Created a coalition of local residents and suburbanites to develop safe, attractive housing for low income residents, forming a community that shared and cared for one another on a 45-acre tract encompassing 14 city blocks in the heart of the Central Ward
- Established NCC’s Health Care Complex which is home to an Extended Care Facility for 180 frail elderly, 102 units for homeless families at Harmony House, home nursing care offered through a partnership with VNA Health Group
- D. at Fordham University, “An Urban Community Development Model” (May 1988)
Last updated 8/25/16