Renata Simril has more than 20 years of public and private sector experience and has built a reputation for leadership, management, and civic engagement. She is currently the president and CEO of LA84.
- Served as the Senior Vice President and Chief of Staff for the Los Angeles Times where she was responsible for the planning and direct administrative and operational activities, in addition to providing insight and guidance
- Provides advisory services to optimize public sector leased and owned portfolios, support large-scale developments through the real estate lifecycle and implement public-private partnerships to revitalize urban areas
- Served as the SVP of External Affairs for the LA Dodgers, as Managing Director of Public Institutions Practice with Jones Lang LaSalle, as SVP with the Forest City Development, and as Vice President for Real Estate Development for the Genesis LA Urban
- Served as Deputy Mayor for Economic Development for the Mayor’s Office of Economic Development (MOED) for the City of Los Angeles
- Established and staffed the Mayor’s Council of Economic Advisors, managed the entitlement process and led an adaptive re-use policy initiative for approximately 4,000 housing units completed Citywide
- Earned a master’s degree in real estate development from the University of Southern California’s Graduate School of Public Policy, Planning and Development and a B.A. in urban studies from Loyola Marymount University in Los Angeles
Last updated 8/25/16