Robert M. Weinberg
Robert M. Weinberg is the founding president and current director of Friends of Post Office Square-Boston. He has had a varied career in the public sector, the academic community, and in private enterprise.
- In the public sector, he served as the Director of Boston Mayor Kevin H. White’ Policy Staff, and then as his Chief of Staff
- Founding Director of the Graduate Public Management Program at Boston University
- He served on the three member Visiting Committee for the Robert F. Wagner School of Public Service at New York University, the five-member Advisory Committee for the Technology and Policy Program at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- As a private entrepreneur, he was the founding President of Friends of Post Office Square and served for 22 years. Friends is the developer and operator of Norman B. Leventhal Park and the 1400 car underground Post Office Square Garage beneath the Park at the center of Boston’s Financial District
- Founding President of MarketPlace Development and served for 12 years in that capacity
- Featured in The Boston Globe article, “The man who left his mark on Boston” as one of the city’s most impactful civic leaders.
Last updated 7/7/22